The Punjab government has recently announced a new plan to simplify the process of obtaining driving licenses for its citizens. The aim is to make it more accessible and efficient. Starting from December 10th, citizens can apply for their learner’s driving license through various means such as Patrol Posts, Khidmat Markaz, Police Stations, and a new mobile app called ‘Online Learner Web App’. To make the process more user-friendly, the government has introduced an online system that allows citizens to apply for licenses from the convenience of their homes. This upgrade is expected to be more efficient and user-friendly compared to the previous system in place, which was developed in 2003.
The ‘Online Learner Web App’ will simplify the application and testing process and will be available from 6:00 pm on December 10th. The citizens of Punjab can easily apply for their Learner’s Driving Licenses through this app. From December 11th, citizens can also renew their regular driving license, duplicate license, and international license online through the Punjab police app. This initiative will facilitate citizens in obtaining driving licenses, save time, reduce hassles, and contribute to enhancing road safety across the province.
Here are the key points:
Launched on: December 11, 2024.
- Punjab Police app
- 737 police stations across Punjab
- All Khidmat Marakiz across Punjab
- Apply from the comfort of your home.
- Avoid long queues and waiting times.
- Streamline the licensing process.
How to apply online:
- Download the Punjab Police app or visit the official website.
- Register for an account or log in if you already have one.
- Fill out the online application form.
- Upload the required documents (e.g., ID proof, address proof, medical certificate).
- Pay the application fee.
- Schedule your driving test.
- Visit the testing center on the scheduled date and time.
- Pass the driving test to receive your learner’s license.